We’ve compiled everything you need to know about the Tuition Refund Policy of the Data Science Fellowship. In this blog post we take the key points below and go into more detail for each one.
Key points in this Admissions Team blog post:
- Who is this Tuition Refund Policy feature for?
- Who is eligible for the Tuition Refund Policy feature of the Data Science Fellowship?
- What are the important details surrounding the Tuition Refund Policy after graduation from the Fellowship?
- A note about the Job Interview Guarantee of the Data Science Fellowship
Tuition Refund Policy of the Data Science Fellowship
Who is this Tuition Refund Policy feature for?
This is for Data Science Fellows (aka the students) who are seeking employment. Before the bootcamp begins, learners have the option to sign a contract which states that their tuition will be refunded after 9 months if they still don’t have a job. Though there are other terms and conditions on what else they need to do during this 9-month period—we will discuss this in detail in this blog post.If you are a Fellowship applicant and are going through the last stages of the admissions process (aka signing of forms), please note that this feature is optional.
Who is eligible for the Tuition Refund Policy feature of the Data Science Fellowship?
This Fellow must...
- Have fully completed course requirements and successfully graduated from the Data Science Fellowship.
- Be legally authorized to work in the Philippines.
Who is NOT eligible for the Tuition Refund Policy?
- Those with company sponsorships and full scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Those who are still in full-time education programs such as undergraduate degrees—where the graduation does not take place before the end of the Data Science Fellowship—are not eligible for the Tuition Refund Policy feature.
What are the important details surrounding the Tuition Refund Policy after graduation from the Fellowship?
During the 9-month period after graduation, we expect Fellows to be fully committed to the job search process. To retain eligibility, Fellows who avail of the Tuition Refund Policy feature must:
- Share any interview result, the status of applications, and job offer/s with Eskwelabs via surveys, email, or any other forms of communication.
- Complete periodic surveys sent by Eskwelabs to document your job search progress.
- Answer and submit surveys within five (5) business days.
- Apply to at least 10 data science positions monthly for nine (9) consecutive months after graduation.
- Complete at least 95% of the attendance in events, industry talks, conferences, study group sessions, career coaching, workshops (whether online and in-person) that are organized by Eskwelabs for their career growth and job search.
- Schedule at least three (3) 1-on-1 sessions with their assigned career coach.
- Give good faith efforts to attend and participate in all employer interviews scheduled by employers for nine (9) months after graduation.
- Not commit acts of dishonesty during the application process (i.e. submitting work that is not one’s own, making misrepresentations to employers on your resume, or otherwise).
Important notes regarding the Tuition Refund Policy feature
Without limiting the foregoing, possible situations that void this Tuition Refund Policy include, but are not limited to:
- The Fellow withdraws from the Data Science Fellowship.
- The Fellow decides not to actively search for employment in data science or to pursue other endeavors after graduation.
- The Fellow does not consistently communicate with Eskwelabs regarding their job search progress, including participating in networking events or updating on interviews they have done or offers they received.
If the Fellow availing the Tuition Refund Policy feature does not plan to seek a data science career after the Data Science Fellowship to meet the refund conditions, the Fellow must notify Eskwelabs in writing before the start of the program itself.
A note about the Job Interview Guarantee of the Data Science Fellowship
To provide more clarity to aspiring bootcamp learners, we’ve refined and updated the name of the “Job Guarantee” feature of the bootcamp into “Tuition Refund Policy.” We hope that this name change is more favorable in terms of lessening confusion.If you’re interested in learning more about the Job Interview Guarantee and how that’s different from the Tuition Refund Policy, then you can proceed to the dedicated blog post for that here.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions! There are actually several ways to reach out. Feel free to choose the one that is most convenient for you. We are here to help you in your admissions journey.
WAYS TO REACH US
RECOMMENDED NEXT STEPS
Updated for Data Science Fellowship Cohort 10 | Classes for Cohort 10 start on September 12, 2022.
If you’re ready to dive in
- Enroll in the Data Science Fellowship via the sign up link here and take the assessment exam.
Note: The assessment exam is a key part of your application. The deadline for the assessment is on August 21, 2022.
Join a Data Science Assessment Review Session before taking the exam.
YOUR NEXT READ
Bootcamp payment options
Other Bootcamp features