But first, what’s changed for the Eskwelabs Data Science Fellowship since COVID?
- 100% active online education. We re-designed the learning experience online with less lecture and more engagements.
- Data Sprints. Fellows work in small teams guided by a mentor on data projects mimicking how tech teams work in the real-world using scrum and agile methodologies. See one of our Sprint outputs here.
What’s staying the same?
- The same commitment to tuition accessibility. Fellows can sponsor themselves, become company-sponsored, or work with our partners for a “Study now - Pay later” scheme. Aral-Aral and Data Science for Good Scholarships available.
- The same commitment to outcomes. Fellows are offered job guarantees to land their dream career.
- The same Eskweloves community. The best part of Eskwelabs! Grow alongside friends and future colleagues.
What are the requirements to join the Eskwelabs Data Science Fellowship?
Availability: Live instructions, mentorship, and project building are the best parts of the Eskwelabs Data Science Fellowship. You need to be available to join the live sessions Mon - Fri / 6 - 9 pm, Sat 1-6 pm, UTC+8 for the duration of the program, which is 3 months. The curriculum is demanding and we would recommend those with full-time jobs to consider their schedules and other time commitments.
Internet: You need to have access to a high-speed and stable Internet connection.
Equipment: You need to be able to access a computer with the following at minimum: 1.6 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, 50 GB hard drive, microphone with good audio quality, and webcam with clear image
Intention to Work: We provide a job guarantee for those in the data science program with the condition that you have the intention to work post graduation. However, company sponsored Fellows and those who are not seeking immediate employment can still apply, and will opt-out of the job guarantee.
Choosing a tuition option: All accepted students will be provided with a financing option to avail a “Study-now, Pay-later” scheme with our partners. Fellows choose self-sponsored, company-sponsored, or the financing scheme.
Basic Python Knowledge: Before joining, you will need to be familiar with basic Python programming. We recommend that you join our free prep course Aral-Aral and participate in our free Learning Circles, which are live tutorials. Please note that this is the basis of the entrance assessment.
English: You need to be proficient in spoken and written English (B2 level, at a minimum).
Collaboration skills: You will spend a lot of time working with peers in learning and building to mimic the work environment. We are looking for those who are ready to work in teams.
Growth mindset and grit: You will receive mentorship and feedback and we are looking for those who have professionalism and the mindset to grow, as well as the grit to grind through the challenges of learning a new skill.
How the Application Process Works:
Our application process is designed to select those who have the foundations and drive to launch into data science. Here's a video Eskwelabs Co-Founder and CEO explaining the Application Process 👇
Here is a list of all of the steps 👇
- Sign Up: To kick-off the application process you first sign up here. After that, you will be automatically invited to the free Aral-Aral prep course by email. You need to sign in to our platform to activate your account.
- Aral-Aral Data Science (Optional): If you are new to Python and statistics, we will recommend that you complete our self-paced Aral-Aral prep course before moving on to the next step. You can join the online Aral-Aral community and join the live Learning Circles session to receive a live tutorial from a mentor. This would take 8-10 hours.
- Aral-Aral Plus (Optional): This is a new paid option we are introducing that focuses on additional Python coding practice sets with code-along videos and Python notebooks. Signing up for Aral-Aral Plus will give you a tuition credit towards the Data Science Fellowship. This would take 15-20 hours.
- Entrance Assessment: If you have enough coding experience, you will likely want to proceed directly to the assessment, where you will complete a 60 min multiple choice assessment to help us understand your starting skill levels in Python, Statistics, and Critical Thinking. Don’t worry there is no passing grade, this is to set a baseline for your starting point. You will also answer 3 untimed questions about your motivations to join the program.
- Admission Interview: The final step of the application process is having a conversation with a member of our team to get to know your career goals better and understand how we can support you through the Fellowship. References may also be asked to be provided after the interview.
- Acceptance into the Data Science Fellowship: Our team will review your entire application and inform you of your status in 2-3 weeks. We will assist you in choosing tuition options.
Ready to apply? Get started by signing up here for the next Cohort of the Data Science Fellowship in May 2021. For more questions on admissions send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org