This blog post aims to do two things. First, we want to give you a heads up on what to expect in the entrance assessment, and to prepare you mentally. Second, we want to give you a peek at caring words from past Bootcamp mentors to their mentees.
May you be comforted by all the people who have gone on this journey before you and came out inspired and ready for the future of work. We hope that what you’ll read here makes you even more excited to join the Data Analytics Bootcamp.
“As people continue to become more digital, more and more data is being generated. Without compromising data ethics and privacy, companies and organizations can use data to further develop their products and services. Paired with human experience, data provides holistic and informed decision-making.”
—Lex Tanganco, Data Analytics Program Lead
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Key points in this Admissions Team blog post:
- Preparing for the Data Analytics Bootcamp Assessment (Review materials)
- Preparing for the Data Analytics Bootcamp Assessment (Exam coverage)
- Preparing for the Data Analytics Bootcamp (Prior knowledge and skills)
- Getting encouragement from Bootcamp alumni
- Hearing advice from Bootcamp mentors
Preparing for the Data Analytics Bootcamp AssessmentOnce you’ve signed up on the Data Analytics Bootcamp page, you’re created an online application and signaled to the Eskwelabs Admissions team that you’re interested in the program.
There is a free prep course that comes with your online application. Inside this free prep course are review materials you can access.
- You can go through the free prep course content (grouped into modules) or—
- You can view recordings of past review sessions where we walkthrough portions of the actual Data Analytics Bootcamp Assessment (aka the entrance exam).
The most important next step for you to complete would be the assessment. For the Data Analytics Bootcamp, the assessment is a multiple choice exam.
The multiple choice exam is required and is timed. It covers questions on Excel knowledge, Business Insights, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning.
Preparing for the Data Analytics BootcampWe are on the lookout for learners who have the following qualifications:
- Basic Excel Knowledge: You will need to know the fundamental formulas of Excel such as: Mean, Median, Mode, Max, Min, SUM, AVERAGE, and COUNT. You will also need to know how to create simple graphs on Excel.
- English: You need to be proficient in spoken and written English (B2 level, at a minimum).
- Collaboration skills: You will spend a lot of time working with peers to mimic the work environment. We are looking for those who are ready to work in teams.
- Growth mindset and grit: You will receive mentorship and feedback. So we are looking for those who have professionalism and the mindset to grow, as well as the grit to grind through the challenges of learning new skills.
The Bootcamp Alumni
Getting encouragement from Bootcamp alumniIf we use the term “cohort” to refer to batches of students, then we use “Analysts” as the technical term for our Bootcamp students. Here are some quotes from our data analytics alumni:
—Cohort 1 Analyst, Data Analytics Bootcamp
“Eskwelabs is a safe space for learning. Even though I have no prior experience in Data Analytics, they offered me a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that has a huge impact on my career.”
—Cohort 2 Analyst, Data Analytics Bootcamp
The Bootcamp Mentors
Hearing advice from Bootcamp mentorsWe asked a few of our Bootcamp mentors the question: “If you had to give one piece of advice to the students you mentor, what would it be?” Here’s what they had to say:
“Stay curious, practice as often as possible and find a community that encourages these. The data field is the most rewarding field for those who are very willing to learn and it’s more fun and productive to do it with friends and people you know.”
—Renz Cabanto, Business Intelligence Analyst at Ninjavan (Data Analytics Bootcamp Cohort 2 mentor)
“Understand your data thoroughly. If you have a firm grasp on what you’re performing analysis on, it’ll be easier for you to think of solutions to problems (or better yet, questions that are yet to be asked!).”
—Marc Uy, Business Analyst at Shopee (Data Analytics Bootcamp Cohort 2 mentor)
“Master the basics. Sometimes a quick analysis or a simple line chart can be as effective as the more advanced tools. There’s a ton you can do using the basics. You’re only limited by your creativity (and the processing power of your computer).
—Carlo Figueroa, Product & Data Analyst at Paymongo (Data Analytics Bootcamp Cohort 2 mentor)
Want to grow and learn with a data-driven community? Sign up for the Data Analytics Bootcamp today.
WAYS TO REACH USPlease do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions! There are actually several ways to reach out. Feel free to choose the one that is most convenient for you. We are here to help you in your admissions journey.
- Send us an email at email@example.com.
- Message us through the Eskwelabs Facebook Page.
- Sign up for a 1-on-1 consultation with Jackie, our Admissions Head, to discuss any concerns about these features. Book a 15-minute consultation here.