There are many forms of data analytics training in the Philippines. But few of them can match the special features of our Data Analytics Bootcamp. Among the many perks that our Bootcamp learners may enjoy is our recently launched Data Analytics Bootcamp Industry Apprenticeship.
But what exactly is this apprenticeship? How is it different from the usual internship or on-the-job training (OJT) which is offered by other educational institutions?
To help you learn more about this unique component of our Data Analytics Bootcamp, we have compiled a list of FAQs and their corresponding answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Data Analytics Bootcamp Industry Apprenticeship is a paid, project-based opportunity for Bootcamp students to get involved in the growing local innovation ecosystem. After completing the Bootcamp, selected students will get to work - for about 8 weeks - under the mentorship of a project manager in continuing the projects they created from the Bootcamp. This continuation of the said projects is for the benefit of startup clients.
The Industry Apprenticeship is a part-time, project-based work opportunity that will run for 8-10 weeks. It will take place after the Data Analytics Bootcamp Cohort 5 ends, which will be in April 2022. Students are expected to commit 20 hours/week and will be paid in the form of a stipend.
- All Bootcamp students are eligible to be considered for the Industry Apprenticeship.
- Students must be able to complete all 4 sprints of the Data Analytics Bootcamp.
- Students must be in good academic standing (Bootcamp performance, sprint outputs, and attendance)
- Students must be able to commit 20 hours/week for 8-10 weeks after the Bootcamp.
- High-performing students who work well in a team will be prioritized.
- Students without full-time employment may be preferred given their time availability.
- You must first apply to become a student for the Data Analytics Bootcamp Cohort 5 by signing up here.
- Once you have signed up, you must:
- Answer and pass the Data Analytics Bootcamp Entrance Assessment
- Complete a fit interview with our Admissions Team
- Secure financing for the Bootcamp
- Accomplish any pre-Bootcamp requirements
During the interview, you will be asked by our Admissions Team if you are interested in applying for the Industry Apprenticeship. Once you become a student of the Bootcamp, you will automatically become eligible.
Please indicate your interest to join the Industry Apprenticeship program at the start of the Bootcamp. We will then be completing the selection of students based on sprint performance. The final list of students who will join the Apprenticeship will be notified before the Bootcamp ends.
A key feature of the Industry Apprenticeship is getting compensated for your work. Data Analytics Bootcamp students who will proceed with the apprenticeship will be compensated with a stipend of P12,500. This amount is roughly equal to 50% of the Bootcamp tuition.
The clients of the Industry Apprenticeship are start-ups at the Asian Institute of Management - Dado Banatao Incubator. These startups will present business problems in exciting digital fields such as e-commerce, telemedicine, agritech, and more. These problems are the ones that Industry Apprentices will try to solve using their data projects.
- DAB Cohort 5 (April 2022), 8-10 weeks for 20 hours a week
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- You may also book a 1-on-1 chat with us by signing up here.
Important Dates for Data Analytics Bootcamp Cohort 5:
- December 14, 2021 (tentative) - Assessment Review Session Batch 1
- January 12, 2022 (tentative) - Assessment Review Session Batch 2
- November 23, 2021 - DAB Open House
- January 21, 2022 - Deadline for entrance assessment
- January 26, 2022 - Last day of interviews
- February 7, 2022 - Cohort 5 start of classes
- If you are curious about the Data Analytics Bootcamp, check out this link to know more about the program.