Understanding the Eskwelabs Admissions Process
What do the most commonly used terms in the admissions process mean?
We’ll be using several terms across our admissions-related blog posts for the Data Science Fellowship and the Data Analytics Bootcamp. We want to make sure that we’re all on the same page each time.
Here is a mini list of terms for clarification:
- An aspiring learner’s entry into the admissions process of a program.
The moment you sign up via email or via your Facebook or Google account for the program of your choice, you have created an “online application” that is now activated and is at the very start of its admissions process journey.
- The step by step process the aspiring learner goes through in order to become an official student in a program.
We have 2 existing programs that have a very structured admissions process. The general structure of the admissions process for both the Data Science Fellowship and Data Analytics Bootcamp are quite similar.
The “start” of the admissions process is your online application. At the start of the admissions process, you are known as an aspiring learner.
The “end” of the admissions process is synonymous with the “start” of the student onboarding process. By the end of the admissions process, you are known as an official student of the program of your choice.
- The exam we ask aspiring learners to take to evaluate their readiness for the program. We also refer to this as the Entrance Assessment.
Completing the assessment on time is dependent on whether or not you have already accessed the free prep course that we gave you access to when you signed up for the program of your choice.
Example 1: After signing up for the Data Science Fellowship, you will be receiving access to a data science prep course. In that prep course are (1) materials to help you prepare for the assessment and also (2) the assessment itself.
Example 2: After signing up for the Data Analytics Bootcamp, you will be receiving access to a data analytics prep course. In that prep course are (1) materials to help immerse you in the world of data and also (2) the assessment itself.
- The final form you will sign that will mark you as an enrolled student in our program.
Once this is complete, you have reached the end of the admissions process. This marks the start of the student onboarding process (also known as onboarding).
- If this is your first time reading about the Data Science Fellowship, we recommend checking out the program in more detail here. Ready to apply? Get started by signing up here.
- If this is your first time reading about the Data Analytics Bootcamp, we recommend checking out the program in more detail here. Ready to apply? Get started by signing up here.